BOLDLY GOING NOWHERE
FROM STRIVING TO ARRIVING
How long have you been working, reaching, scratching and kicking, striving to get there – only to realize that “this” there disappears into the “next” there? This moment turns into that moment. And you wake up years later to realize that joy has become a fantasy or just another “there”. In all of your striving you don’t notice the subtle, energy-draining effect of this cycle.
There doesn’t exist.
Welcome to nowHERE.
A new baseline, a new start-from, a new build-from – a new foundation from which to create, experience, and enjoy in joy. The point is… there is no point.
Our mission is to inspire a path to HERE. A place where all is manifest, all ideas are born, all possibilities exist. A place where clarity is born, peace lives, and chaos dies. A place many have been seeking – and through perpetual seeking, have perceived it to be unattainable.
This place is nowhere; this place is nowHERE.
This place is where the seeker becomes the seer, the striver becomes the arriver, the questioner becomes the knower. We are a movement devoted to creating a new human experience, as a human being.
If you feel like you’ve been running a marathon for much longer than the required 26 miles required, this is for you. Life is not a race. Life is presence. The greatest gift you can give yourself and everyone around you is presence.
Your spirituality, music, and your giving presence made us feel cacooned in love.Bonnie Bauer
Each Boldly Going Nowhere event is held in a space of magnificent beauty. Even if we didn’t do a thing, you will be better for having been there. The energy of the earth places we choose will stay with you forever.
Each Boldly Going Nowhere event is device free. It’s not all about the selfie. We won’t be using technology but we will have access for emergency use.
Each Boldly Going Nowhere event is about developing practices. This stuff will stay with you. You won’t go home scratching your head or wondering, “now what?”
Each multi-day Boldly Going Nowhere event features delicious whole food cuisine. Everything served will serve you. You will not miss anything, except maybe a few pounds off the waistline when you leave.
Bob Sima is to music what Wayne Dyer, Don Miguel Ruiz, and Eckhart Tolle are to books and Rumi, Hafiz, and David Whyte are to poetry. He is troubadour, a way-shower, a guide, an awakener, and a musical mystic. Through the medium of melody and message, he leads listeners to an expanded consciousness, deeper sense of connection, and inner peace and purpose. His music bridges daily life and soul consciousness, the eternal with the now. He delivers instantly accessible songs that take up residence and resonance in your soul. Sima is a dynamic singer-songwriter, performer, storyteller, speaker, servant of humanity, workshop and retreat leader, meditation and breathwork facilitator, and creative collaborator — often weaving all of these elements into a single performance. When Sima opens his mouth to sing, what emerges is far beyond the human sounds of his warm and soulful voice. It’s a call, a remembrance, a soft and steady place to land. He speaks the language of the Universe, the language of the soul, the language of the heart. But he’s not just singing to his audience and it’s not just a performance. It’s a gathering, a connection – somewhat of a musical satsang or gathering of truth – that navigates the audience on a profound musical journey. Bob has an unparalleled ability to connect audiences in a visceral, powerful way, changing the vibration and consciousness in the room.
Shannon Plummer is a powerhouse strategic visioning and intentional creation coach and shamanic practitioner wrapped in a divine package. Her approach combines spiritual, shamanic, and metaphysical wisdom with business and management expertise. As a subset of coaching the psyche, she also translates her organizational skills into the space surrounding the individual. She’s learned that – just as blocks in our belief systems prevent us from living our passion – the state of our physical surroundings can significantly stunt our expansion because the energy of what is stuck in our work space, in our home, in our bedroom, in our attic, in our garage is holding onto the past. Her approach is not only unique, but is extraordinarily powerful and will uniquely serve your walk through this world as you create a passionate and purposeful life. Shannon is an instrument – an engaged observer to the story of your life. She will guide you to and through the blind spots, allowing your higher self and vision to illuminate the true passion that lies within. Shannon’s intuitive and heart-centered coaching and visioning process will gently lead you to a more authentic, conscious, and intentional life. Her unique energy and presence creates a sacred space for expansion and deepening of what is waiting to be expressed. She now guides seekers to find, express, and live their truth in their calling. Shannon brings joy, peace, and possibility everywhere she goes.
Bob and Shannon created a loving, caring, safe space for me to explore what I really wanted in life and gave me tools to put things in action so I can live my life to the fullest and on purpose.Pam Hinshaw
Experiencing Bob and Shannon working together is an amazing display of synergy! Their individual strengths magnify when they work as a team to create a healing space for personal transformation. They manage to help participants bond and share at a very deep level.Cheryl DeDecker
I can heartily recommend Bob and Shannon to anyone seeking an increase in life expansion and overall health/wellness.Richard
Bob is a master songwriter because he gets out of the way and allows the music to channel through him. His songs weave the poetic musical tapestry around all the discussions, activities, programming, and experiences that are part of the Boldly Going Nowhere movement. Whether in full concert or integrated into an intentional event, you will hear the soundtracks of conscious and soulFULL living.
Combine stimulating and channeled discussion from Shannon with a unique musical twist from Bob and you have a keynote Message in Music. Our brains retain information best when there are multiple sensory inputs. The songs will drive home the message of the talk to deliver a unique blend of left- and right-brain experiences to your audience. The visual support comes from your fully-engaged imagination.
Bob and Shannon create a multi-dimensional experience of inspiring message-rich live music, conscious breathwork, silence, poetry, guided meditation, and intentional journeying – all interwoven to take listeners on a beautiful inward journey. Their meditations often combine feminine and masculine aspects of practice and are as easy for beginners as they are investigative for the advanced.
Diving a little deeper into the heart space, Shannon and Bob offer two workshops around energizing topics – breathwork and chakras – that they know make a difference in every day life because they have applied the concepts and techniques themselves. Details and testimonials from the workshops can be found at these websites:
www.PracticalBreathwork.com and www.FullBodyMusical.com
Shannon Plummer is a powerhouse strategic visioning and intentional creation coach. Her approach combines spiritual, shamanic, and metaphysical wisdom with business and management expertise. Shannon is an instrument – an engaged observer to the story of your life. She will guide you to and through the blind spots, allowing your higher self and healing to illuminate the true passion that lies within.
This is the space where everything comes together in extended experiences of welcoming the present moment, the now-here. Each retreat is uniquely designed to remind us of the beautiful connection we have to laughter, fun, silence, tears, awarenesses, nature, each other, and – most importantly – ourselves. Be a fierce protector of each moment and the next now-here will be created with full intention.
Bob and Shannon are great human beings and effective facilitators.Paul
Boldly Going Nowhere Fall 2018 Retreat
2nd-4th November 2018
Camp Wabanna, Edgewater MD
Wabanna Camp and Retreat Center is a non-profit, non-denominational Christian ministry located on a 23-acre point where the Rhode and West Rivers converge into the Chesapeake Bay. The property was established in 1941 and has expanded its mission, activities, and facilities over the years. The name – Wabanna – was intended to be a haven for young adults from the WAshington, BAltimore, and ANNApolis areas. The on-site, full-time staff continue the original intentions and Wabanna mission with love and sincerity.
The first time Bob and Shannon visited Camp Wabanna, it was in full operations during the summer months. Swarming with 300+ young adults, staff, and volunteers, you couldn’t walk 20 feet without experiencing ear-to-ear smiles, belly laughter, curious excitement, and team-building activities which every parent would be thrilled to watch their child experience. The reminders of summer didn’t stop with activities, as there were wet beach towels, dirty flip flops, and sunglasses being dried out from the morning’s adventures. As we explored the property in the swirling energies of young adult chatter and flurry, we were told that Camp Wabanna has never turned away any child who requested attendance. They have always received donations and grants to support anyone in need of assistance, often through families who pay for an extra tuition because they know the impact the yearly experience has on their own child. It is truly a labor of love that trickles down from the founders to the campers! The views along the water are spectacular and worthy of an observer in silent contemplation. All Bob and Shannon could think about was, “This must be incredible in the calm of the off-season. We have to do a retreat here!”
So our friends, we would love for you to join us at Camp Wabanna for our Boldly Going Nowhere Winter 2018 Retreat from November 2nd-4th.
** We offer a $50 discount if you register before May 31st **
* We offer a $25 discount if you register between Jun 1st & Jul 31st *
Regular pricing is $439 starting Aug 1st.
- Registration includes lodging, meals, and tuition for the entire weekend.
- Check-in is 3pm on Friday and check-out is 3pm on Sunday.
- Official BGN programming will begin on Friday with a group gathering at 6pm prior to dinner at 630pm. We will conclude BGN programming at noon on Sunday and everyone will receive a boxed lunch around 1230pm so you can socialize and pack informally before departure.
- Programming between 6pm Friday and 1230pm Sunday will not shared in detail, as this will be an experiential retreat uniquely and creatively designed to bring you into the nowhere, the NowHere. Yes, we will have discussion. Yes, we will do breathwork. Yes, we will share silence. Yes, we will hoot and holler. Yes, we will practice ceremony. Yes, we will connect with nature. Yes, we will connect hearts. Yes, we will sing together. Yes, we will cry together. Yes, we will unplug from our digital devices.
- The main meal menu will be gluten-free and vegetarian – cooked and raw. We will request a side option of animal protein for dinner.
- Lodging accommodations will be in the main building. All beds are single beds. No bunks. Rooms are on the upper floor of the main lodge and are intended for double-occupancy so you can share your experience with someone familiar or with a new BGN friend! If you are open to having your roommate randomly selected, please leave the preferred roommate fields blank on the detailed registration form. If you have a group of 3 or 4 attending who wish to room together, we can accommodate (indicate your preference on the detailed registration form). If you wish to have a private single room, you can add that option for the additional fee on the detailed registration form.
- You should be prepared for indoor and outdoor activities. We are aware that weather in Maryland is variable. If that concerns you at all, we lovingly challenge you to unleash your inner child and join us for whatever this adventure has to offer your spirit.
- We do ask that you commit to being fully present for the entire weekend between 6pm Friday and 1230pm Sunday. Retreat programming will build upon itself. We intend that the sacred circle created as soon as the retreat begins will be unbroken until we conclude. Each and every participant supports each other in some way and helps to co-create the energy of the experience. Please be present for yourself and your fellow BGN brothers and sisters.
- For anyone traveling by air, the two local airports are Baltimore (BWI) and Washington DC (DCA). From personal experience, Uber or Lyft services range from $50-60 from either airport to Camp Wabanna. You will not need a rental car during our retreat.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your payment includes a $100 non-refundable deposit. Cancellation Policy is as follows:
- 60 days prior to the event, 50% refund less deposit.
- 30 days prior to the event, 25% refund less deposit.
- 15 days prior to the event, no refund.
By submitting your online registration with payment, an understanding of and agreement with these policies are implied.
My name is Dr. Bob Hoffman and I am the President of The Masters Circle; a company dedicated to raising the standards and the consciousness of wellness doctors worldwide. At my annual conference, we had 17 world class presenters and that included Bob Sima and Shannon Plummer. They were beyond awesome. The response from the attendees was nothing short of epic and they instantly connected with their energy, values, perspective and loving vibration. What makes Bob and Shannon so amazing is their deep understanding of the human spirit and their ability to communicate the true essence of that to their audience. They are healers of the heart and would add so much to your next event as well. I give them my highest endorsement.Bob Hoffman
See pictures and video testimonials from our BGN retreats: